Thursday, July 17, 2008

Last day of swim lessons.


I was so excited yesterday when one of the dads came to swim lessons with his camera in tow. I got out of the pool and asked him if he would mind taking some with my camera too. I assumed he would take one or two but he was such a sweety and took several during the entire class.



The girl I am talking to is William's instructor, Danielle, she is great with the kids and said William has done a great job.



"Mommy I really don't see the birdy. I think you are just making this up."



We are done with lessons as of today. The class tomorrow is just going to be a play day so Will is going to Mother's Day Out while I come home to pack for out trip home.

When we got home it was too hot to play outside so I got out the trusty "Busy Toddler Book" I found an idea for an indoor sandbox. It suggested using oatmeal or rice in bowls and playing in it like a sandbox. We happened to have a big bag of year old oatmeal that we have not touched so I got it out and poured it into my largest bowl for William to play with. HE LOVED IT! He was really timid about it at first, not wanting to make a mess, but when I started sticking my hands in it and getting silly he quickly caught on. Here is a progression of our mess.






"Okay mom, I guess this is fun."





"Okay, I can get into this."





"This is fun!"





"So who is going to clean this up mom?"


"Oh, never mind"


Matt got home around 7:00. After he took off his uniform William grabbed his hat and jacket and played dress-up.

"I can totally pull of the camo look don't you think guys?"

"Who would have guessed that mommy is a sucker for a man in uniform?"

One more day before we are at the farm!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of you and William kissing is Adorable!!

We'll miss you guys - have a great trip!